Thursday, November 13, 2008

What about Thanksgiving?

Halloween just got over and guess what decorations are in stores now? Thanksgiving. Nope try again.... Christmas. Actually, I've seen some stores that have the Christmas decor out right next to the Halloween costumes! I just don't get it. Why can't places wait until at least after Thanksgiving before shoving in all the Santa and snowmen stuff? Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love Christmas but come on, let us finish our Halloween candy before trying to sell us candy canes and icicle lights! And, I've actually seen some homes that have there Christmas trees up right now! Its seems like Thanksgiving gets overshadowed by the anticipation of Christmas. I love Thanksgiving; the food, the family, the whole togetherness thing, just the feeling of it all in general, and did I mention the food? :) So before you drag out the trees and holiday lighting, please make sure that Trick-or-treating is over!

(hey I'll admit it, my tree and decor usually go up the day after Thanksgiving)

2 comments:

Green's said...

Right there with ya! I too have seen MANY houses with Christmas Decor up and the stores wow they had some things out for Christmas even before Halloween was done. I too love Thanksgiving and will be doing the tree either the evening of Thanksgiving or day after! Some people! Enjoy your holidays!

Anonymous said...

I am in total agreement....give us time to be THANKFUL!!! because we do have soooo much....