Monday, April 11, 2011

whats happening....

So, now that I've finally updated you all on my sister's visit and our Moody Gardens trip, I can fill you in on more random things.


The weather is really heating up fast here. It feels more like summer most of the time than spring. We've been trying to get outside and enjoy the outdoors before true summer actually hits and its too hot to wanna do much out there. There's a nature trail right down the road from us that we've finally checked out the other day. Its a nice place to go for a walk with dog too. Kenzie caught some sort of beetle that she held captive for a day or too. His name was George. She got him all set up with leaves, grass, and twigs. She watched his every move. We finally talked her into freeing George so that he wouldn't die. She agreed. Once she took him outside to let him free, she brough back in a rolly-polly bug (I don't know the true name for those little things.) She's had him since yesterday. He's either playing dead or his spirit is no longer with us.


April is a busy month as far as birthdays and things. Kenzie has been invited to a birthday party every weekend this month, except for April 30th, which will be her birthday party. Plus, Easter is coming up too! Yesterday, she went to a birthday party at a roller skating rink. She loved it! She can't really skate, but her and another friend held on to the side wall. They still had a good time. Speaking of skating, I finally got some rollerblades. At first, I about fell on my behind. It took me a minute to get my balance and remember how to do it. I can't even remember the last time I actually rollerbladed (is that even a word??). Definately been a while! The only other problem is I ordered them online and I think they are a little to small. I should have gotten a size bigger than my shoe size I think. Oh well, we'll see how it goes. I've only used them once so far.


Danny and I have been trying to decide on what to do for Kenzie's birthday this year. She'll be 9 can you believe it!!! She's mentioned going bowling with a few friends so maybe we'll look into that.


I can't believe how fast time is going! April will be over soon and then the school year will be about over already!! Before we know it, it will be Christmas!


Well, I think thats all I got for now! Take care and have a good week!!

No comments: