Monday, April 11, 2011

Moody Gardens!!!!!!!!!

Last weekend, our family went to Moody Gardens in Galveston, TX. We had the best time there!! There's Moody Garden's Hotel and Convention Center that we stayed in for the night and different things to do like the Aquarium Pyramid, Rainforest Pyramid, 3D and 4D theatres, Penguin exhibits, gift shops, and much more.




Heres a picture of the pool/swim up bar. Thankfully, it was actually warm enough for us to do a little swimming. The pool is heated though so that definately helps! This is the view from our window. One of the pyramids is the Aquarium, one is the Rainforest, and the other is the Discovery pyramid. We were on the 5th floor and had an awesome view! I could have just sat and looked out the window all day.... View of the pool area from our room.
Danny and I having a drink during 'happy hour' at one of the hotel restaurants. Mine was a Pomegrate Bay Breeze...it was sooo good!!
I love this view at the water. There were several boats in the water and the weather was perfect.
Here's Danny enjoying the view also.
This is inside the Aquarium pyramid. Its a shark cage that divers would use when going in the water with sharks. Yikes!!
There's one of the sharks in the aquarium. We also saw a bunch of hammerhead sharks too!
Going through the tunnel. I couldn't help but think of one of the Jaw's movies when the great white shark swims into the aquarium tunnels under the ocean and breaks it. Luckily they didn't have any great whites in here, lol! ;) As much as I think sharks are scary, I just love them! Jaws is like one of my favorite movies! Yeah, I'm kinda weird like that.


We saw a 3D movie too. And, go figure, it was called Sharks 3D. That was the first time I had seen a 3D show. It was so cool!! I really does look like the action pops off the screen. Me and Kenzie kept reaching out in front of us to grab everything. Very cool!


It had been a long time since we've actually stayed in a hotel (and I don't count the scary places we've stayed in driving back and forth from IL to TX lol!) We had a great time and enjoyed the room service delivery. I could really get used to that! It was a nice and relaxing time! We definately need to get away and do things like that more often.


No comments: