Wednesday, April 20, 2011

this and that...

So Easter is this Sunday and I still need to get all the kids' goodies bought. I don't know why I always wait until the last minute for Easter stuff; I seem to do it every year! Well I can say that I do have some clothes for each of them, just need to get them baskets, some snacks/candy, and some smaller toys to put in the baskets. Easter is always like the first sign of Spring, but its been feeling more like summer lately. This week, we are having highs in the 90's and its only getting down to 70's at night. Plus, add humidity on top of that and it makes for hot, sticky weather...and its only April. I just want to be at the beach all the time!! We haven't been there since my sister was here but I'm ready to go back!

Kenzie's birthday is coming up and we've been trying to figure out what we can do for her party. I think she finally decided on Gatti's Pizza. They have party rooms you can rent out and a huge arcade area for the kids to play in. So now we just have to get her invitations sent out. We told her she can probably have 1 or 2 friends stay the night too if they can.

For a few weeks now, I've been doing a workout dvd at home. Its "Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred, " which has 3 levels that gradually get harder and each one is only 20 minutes. Its not that I necessarily want to loose the pounds, I'm just trying to get in better shape and tone up a little, which I guess is good since really I've only lost 1 to 2 pounds depending on when I weight myself during the day, lol! Mostly, I just feel better after I exercise. Even though I can't really see much of a difference, it does make me feel better anyway. I started to alternate between the dvd one night and then just running on the treadmill the next night. Well, all weekend I didn't do either. Monday I did the dvd and last night I just sat on my butt watching tv. So basically I feel pretty lazy for not doing much lately and need to get back on track before I stop doing it all together. It can be hard to stay motivated, thats for sure!

No comments: