Monday, December 1, 2008

Must-watch Christmas movies and shows

With Christmas just around the corner, I'm ready for Christmas music and Christmas movies. There's certain movies and even shows that I love to watch around Christmas. They bring back memories of being a kid at Christmas and really put me in the Christmas spirit. Heres a list of some of them, not in any certain order. If theres one that I didn't mention that you like, please leave a comment and let me know.

1.) How the Grinch Stole Christmas. I remember getting so excited when this came on TV when I was a kid. Its a classic. The movie is OK, but the cartoon is much better!

2.) Home Alone and Home Alone 2. Funny and Christmasy at the same time. And I'll admit, I used to have a crush on Maculley (spelling?) Culkin when these movies came out.

3.) Santa Clause. I'm talking about the older movie from the 80's. Its also a great classic.

4.) Santa Clause-the one with Tim Allen. I think there's 3 of these movies out and they are all pretty good.

5.) A Christmas Carol. Theres a ton of these movies made but I like the older ones.

6.) A Christmas Story. They play this all day long on TV on Christmas Eve, but its still a great movie. I think it taught every little kid NOT to put your tongue on an ice covered post! Ouch!

7.) National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. I think its a movie that most families can definately relate to and its hilarious!!

8.) Frosty the Snowman/Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer/The Night Before Christmas/ These are all really old cartoons that are on every year that I love to watch.

9.) Merry Christmas Charlie Brown! Gotta love Charlie Brown.

10.) Miracle on 34th Street.


2 comments:

Green's said...

WOW great list. I have to agree with them all. I want to add I own BOTH classic dvd sets of the classic Christmas cartoons and I LOVE EM ALL! Those 80's ones really put you back to being a kid and getting you in that spirit!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Sara T said...

You didn't miss a one. Man you are good. I would love to sit and watch a movie every night of the weekend but I wanted to do it with my kids and they won't sit still long enough for it. We will have to try a couple on your list though and see how it works.