Tuesday, May 24, 2011

It's already been 2 years!


Yesterday, May 23rd, marked 2 years since we made the big move from small town Illinois, to Houston, Texas.  This picture was taken shortly after we arrived at our new apartment.  I love it!  It says so much!

We had no idea what to expect when we arrived.  It was a bit of an adjustment at first, just starting over in a new place with new people, new jobs, new schools.  A lot changed for us in a short period of time.  But, looking back, it has been sooo worth it!! We absolutely love our new home.  Its going much better than I could have ever expected.  We are doing so many new and different things with the kids.  I never could have imagined that I would live so close to the beach.  Or that I would live in a town with a population greater than 4000 with more than one stop light.  Or that there would be more stores and restaurants nearby than I will ever have time to visit.  Or live in a building where we have to take the elevator up to our floor (which I'll admit can sometimes be a big pain in the rear! lol).  Or that I would live in a place wear you can almost wear shorts and t-shirts year round.  We have definately been blessed and I am so thankful for all that we have and all that we have been able to do. 

Theres still a lot that we would like to accomplish.  We eventually would like to live in a house or even a townhouse with at least 3 bedrooms and  a fenced in backyard (a pool would be great too) and get away from living in an apartment.  Danny would like to finish his associates degree and I need to figure out what I want to do with my future career path.  There's nothing wrong with banking, but I don't want to be a teller for the rest of my life. 

Most importantly, I'm so grateful for how well the kids have adjusted.  Aydan can't even remember living in Illinois so he was easy.  Kenzie, however, was 7 when we moved so she had to leave friends and family behind that she was close with.  That was definately the hardest part of the whole move.  But, that girl is so outgoing and friendly she has no problem meeting new people and making friends.  She's even had to change schools once already since we've lived here and she did great with the adjustment.  She met a girl that lives 2 doors down from us and they have become great friends too.  They go to each others houses a few times during the week and they spend a lot of time together on the weekends and have sleepovers if we don't have any plans.  Its really worked out pretty well.

So much has changed within the past 2 years; I look forward to see what changes come our way in the next 2 years!

No comments: