Thursday, January 29, 2009

Has it really been 2 years?

Aydan on his "birth"day exactly 2 years ago. Such a little bundle of joy:)






Today was my little big man's 2ND BIRTHDAY!!!! Its hard to believe that my baby is 2 already. Seems like just yesterday that we brought him home from the hospital. He has changed so much within the last year. His personality is starting to show much more! He's so funny and goofy but he can also be quite a little monster! He is definately all boy! He loves his cars and trucks, he loves to fight with his sister, and he loves wrestling around with his Dad. Now that he's beginning to talk makes it that much more interesting! I was so anxious for him to start talking but now I'm starting to wonder whats the hurry! Might as well take advantage of this now, while he doesn't quite know how to argue or talk back. However, he's got the words 'No' and 'Why' down pat, unfortunately!


We decided to just do something simple for his birthday this year. We just had some cake and ice cream at home, with just us. Kenzie helped me decorate his cake. She made the '2' and decided to circle it also. We put some HotWheels cars on there last minute because it was kinda plain. I didn't know how he would do with the candles but he couldn't wait to blow them out. I had barely set the cake on the table and he had one of them blown out already.
One of the gifts he got was one of those inflatable punching bags, I guess you would call it. It has Scooby Doo on it (his new favorite movie) and he just loves to beat the heck out of it. I mean really. He punches it, hits it, even throws it across the room. Maybe that was a bad idea, promoting his aggression! Well at least he can beat up on Scooby Doo instead of his sister!

**************************************************


After we had Kenzie, we were pretty sure we didn't want anymore kids. We believed that one was enough for us, how could we possibly love another human being as much as we loved her. Well 4 years later, we decide that it might be time for another one, and along came Aydan. He has been such a blessing to our family. I don't even remember what life was like without him and I'm so glad that we decided to have another child. Our kids have truly been the greatest thing to ever happen to us!





Happy Birthday Aydan!! We love you so much!!






2 comments:

Green's said...

HAPPY 2nd BIRTHDAY AYDAN! I hope he had a great day! I hear ya with the can't imagine your life with out him. I thought the same thing after Serina and yet there is always room to love more! Soo... feel the need for a 3rd? There is ALWAYS room for another.. lol.

Take Care hun!

Anonymous said...

Wow..it doesn't seem like that long ago when you were off on maturnity leave....and now he is TWO already...