Wednesday, April 3, 2013

34 week update

I had my 34 week check-up last Thursday.  My appointments are usually pretty quick and uneventful lol.  They check my blood pressure, which is always good.  I've gained 1 pound since my previous appointment 2 weeks prior, bringing me to a total of 20 pounds.  We listened to his heartbeat, which has been running about 140-ish.  He is not head-down yet though and my doctor says she thinks he was transverse (sideways).  I'm really hoping he turns head-down soon.  She told me that if he still isn't down by 37-38 weeks, they will probably schedule an ultrasound to see exactly what position he's in and go from there.  It could lead to a c-section but she said he still has plenty of time to turn.  I hope so!  I've been trying to tell how he is laying from his movements but I'm so bad about telling whats what.  I can't tell his butt from his head or arms from legs lol!

I'm just so ready for him to get here!  We are so excited to meet him and to be able to hold him in our arms!  Its getting tough sleeping at night, mostly due to being uncomfortable and I get really sore in my hip/pelvic area.  It hurts really bad when I roll from one side to the other.  I have been having Braxton Hicks contractions for quite a while, probably since around 20-22 weeks.  They are usually painless but sometimes can get uncomfortable.  My appetite has been ridiculous lately lol.  I feel like I could be eating constantly.  It doesn't help that the kids have a bunch of Easter candy laying around lol.  Actually, I have been craving ice.  I could sit and eat ice all day long.  Sometimes, I buy a fountain drink just so I can eat the ice after the drink is gone! 

I had a great baby shower March 24th thanks to my sister and sister-in-law.  We got some much needed supplies and baby gear.  I feel so much more prepared now!  Now we just need him to get here :)

My next appointment is next week (36 weeks) so I'll try to update with any exciting news.

No comments: