Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and whatever else I'm behind on...

Hope everyone enjoyed the holidays! We sure did but kinda glad everything is back to normal, although I loved my time off that I was able to be at home with the kids. Christmas was pretty laid back. We just stayed at home, ate good food, and the kids played with all their new toys. I have pictures, but not on the computer yet.

New Year's Eve, we hit up Chili's. We got a gift card for there from my sister for Christmas so we thought that'd be a good night to use it. We got there pretty early because I figured it'd get busy they later it got. The food was great (and so were the marguaritas! It's ok, I only had 1). Once we left there, we went home and hung out. We played the Wii with the kids most of the night. I think we were actually in bed before midnight because we're just cool like that.

Kenzie is still off from school. She doesn't go back until tomorrow! She was out for like 2 1/2 weeks, I know, crazy right!

Other than the holiday stuff, not much else has been going on. This Saturday, we are going to Monster Jam (monster trucks) at Reliant Stadium so that should be fun. Aydan is into watching them right now so he'll love it. Definately going to have the kids wear ear plugs though because it gets pretty loud and both of them don't do well with loud noises.

The last weekend in January, my brother, his fiance (oh yeah, my brother got engaged!!! Woo Hoo), Mom, and Dad will be coming down for a few days. The Houston Marathon is that weekend and my brother was going to run it however it was already full so he's just going to run the 5K race. I had thought about running it too but I haven't been able to go run in a long time and I'm feeling very out of shape so I don't think I'll do it this time. So anyway, we are looking forward to having visitors again. No one has came since we moved into our new apartment and its always exciting when people come visit!

That weekend is also Aydan's birthday so we will be pretty busy that whole weekend. I can't believe he will be 4 years old! I don't want him to grow up because right now he's so cuddly and lovable! When he's like 10 or 11 he won't be coming up to me all the time saying he loves me and giving me hugs and kisses. So sad! I guess all I can do is enjoy it while it lasts! :)

Well, that's about all I know right now! Hope you all have a great week!

1 comment:

Larissa said...

Sounds like you have been busy! We were in bed before midnight on new years eve too! haha, so I guess we are cool too!