Thursday, May 21, 2009

Busy Week

This has probably been one of the busiest weeks that we have had in a long time! We have been trying to get everything packed that we want to take and trying to figure out what to do with the rest of the stuff that we cant or dont need to take. I will say that this is the most UN-organized packing-job that we have done, but thats what happens when you dont have much time to get done! I wish there were more time in a day, or a another me would be nice too!

We are also trying to fit in time to see family and friends before we go. Tonight we have a cookout at Mom and Dads, then we are off to Dannys Moms for his little bros 8th grade graduation party! I cant believe he is that old already!! He was around Kenzies age when Danny and I met!

It looks like we may have an apartment lined up for when we arrive, which will be great! Otherwise we will be staying w/ my aunt until we find a place, which we really appreciate the offer but we hate to barge in on another family. This apartment complex is right on Clear Lake, which is about 30 min. south-east of Houston. It is a smaller neighborhood called Nassau Bay, which will make for an easier transition for us. Its very family-oriented and has great schools; we have done our research on the internet on tons of different neighborhoods. Its so hard, not being able to see it in person, but luckily my Uncle Jerry is down there and he has checked out several places for us to see what he thinks. He thinks we will really love that area, so we are very excited.

We leave in a couple days and it still doesnt seem real to me. I was telling Danny the other day that it just feels like we are going on vacation or something! I am sure it will hit me when we are on the road heading down. I am not looking forward to that long drive, especially with the kids! Hopefully they will sleep a lot! ;)

I am not sure if I will have time to post again before we leave and once we are there it might take a few days before we have internet access, but dont worry, I will post as soon as I can. Keep us in your prayers!!

2 comments:

Sara T said...

We will be thinking and praying of you!!! Good luck in your bright future.

Green's said...

Sure will be in my prayers! You guys have a safe trip! PLEASE let me know that you all are there and OK!

TTYS!