Tuesday, April 13, 2010

A Walk in the Wildflowers

Sunday afternoon, we went with my uncle and his family up to the wildflower fields which are about 60 miles northwest of Houston in what is known as hill country. He said its a Texan tradition to take pictures of your kids in the flowers so now we are officially 'Texan.'

We really didn't think that much of it until we got near the fields and cars were lined up all along the road. I didn't really think that there would be crowds of people in these fields taking pictures but oh yes, there were!

As soon as we got out of the car we could smell the flowers. The kids did have a good time running around and playing. I got a lot of good pictures with my camera but UNFORTUNATELY, our computer is still broken so I can't upload any of those pics. I uploaded this picture at work from my cell phone.

After we left we ate at this neat little place called "Little Bitty Burger Barn." It looks like basically a run down shack on the outside. On the inside there were pictures all over the walls of people from all around the U.S that had eated their famous 'Fire Burger' which is a 2 lb. very hot burger that they dare people to try. The man from the tv show "Man vs. Food" is also supposed to be going there sometime to have a shot at the burger. Its always the little hole-in-the-wall places that have the best food; places that I would never think to try on my own. I guess it just goes to show that you can't judge a book by its cover :)

No comments: