Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Sun, sand, and shells......in December

This past Saturday was such a nice day and we didn't really have any plans for the day so we decided we would run over to Galveston. Since it was off-season, of course there were no huge crowds, which made parking a breeze. There were some people walking the beach and others jogging on the beach, but overall it was pretty quiet, which was nice!
It was about 68 degrees with a slight breeze coming off the water. It was really calm and relaxing.
Kenzie hunting for shells. She has quite a collection at home.

Walking on the rocky fishing pier. Yeah, I slipped shortly after I took this picture so then we all moved to the sidewalk on the left ;) Note to self: Do not wear sandals while walking on rocks!


The water was very calm and the tide was low. The water was back further than normal but gradually started to come up on the shore more.




Caught her in her pitching pose throwing a shell :)

Aydan was covered in sand by the time we left! He just loves digging in it and getting dirty!
I just love going to the beach and I hate to say it but I think I'm ready for summer again!!






2 comments:

Angie said...

I love the last pic...so cute!!! I wish we lived that close to the beach, I'd love it!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas from the Friant
family hoping you all have a safe New Year.