Monday, July 11, 2011

fireworks, bowling, and trains...oh my!

I'm so far behind on this blog, its ridiculous!!  June was pretty busy for us!  Danny's family came to visit on the week of the 13th, which I have lots of pics of  that I still need to post, lol!  Here's a few random things that we've been up to this past month. 

We went to the train museum down in Galveston.  We had never been there before and thought it'd be something that the kids would enjoy.  It was pretty neat.  There were several old railroad cars outside that we could walk through.  Some of them were still under renovation because there was a lot of damage to the museum after Hurricane Ike.



 Walking through the dining hall.... I don't think I've ever been on a real train before.  They make them look so much bigger in movies and stuff than they are in real life.

 There were a bunch of statues throughout the lobby that they called "Ghosts of Travelers Past."  They looked so real it was kinda scary lol!  I kept waiting for them to start moving!
Mail car, which I didn't realize you were able to recieve mail on a train?  

While we were in Galveston, we drove by the cruise terminal and there was a cruise ship at the port.  We would love to take a cruise sometime and its so nice that we could board right down in Galveston.  The ships are massive in real life! 
*******************************************
Another thing we've done recently is bowling.  The kids had fun with it :)  I forgot just how bad I was at bowling!!  We played 2 games and I only broke 100 once, just barely, lol!

 Danny trying to show Aydan how to throw the ball down the lane.
 Kenzie showing off her skills :)  The kids actually did pretty well.  Their scores weren't too far behind Danny and I.  The bumpers definately helped them (and me too, hehehe).
************************************

This year on the 4th of July, we stayed close to home.  There were a bunch of fireworks shows in our area.  We decided to go near our old apartment building and watch the fireworks by the water.  I think everyone else had the same idea...it was packed!!



It was a decent show but nothing to fancy.  The kids thought they were cool and I think this is the first year that Aydan really got into them.

**********************************
These are just a couple random pics I had on my phone so I thought I'd share.  I got Aydan this styro-foam airplane at the dollar store. He loved it until it broke after the first day....but what can you expect for a dollar I guess, right.



Here's Kenzie giving Hunter some love.

I was trying out my new phone when I took this picture. 

Anyways, thats about all I have for now.  Hopefully soon I will post pics from when Danny's family came to visit.  Have a great week!!

No comments: