Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Fall Faves

I just love Fall! Every September, I am ready to say Goodbye to summer and Helloooo to Fall! I like summer too, but come on, I can only take so much 110 degree weather! Its still pretty warm and toasty here in Houston, but I know the cool down is coming....soon...I hope. I can't wait for it to be in the 70's! That will be perfect! Here are just a few of my Fall Favorites!!

Halloween is a fun holiday for the kids. I love trying to decide what kind of animal, creature, food item, or character my kids will be. I'm in the process of coming up with ideas now, but I don't have many yet. If anyone does have any ideas, please leave a comment and let me know :) This year, I'm not sure if we will do much trick-or-treating, mainly because we only know a couple of people in our neighborhood. But, I think our town has a Halloween festival or something at the park and I think the church has something as well so I know we will find something fun to do.

Next on my list is Thanksgiving. I mean, who doesn't love Thanksgiving? Unfortunately, it does get over-shadowed in between Halloween and Christmas. All the stores seem to put out Halloween decor in August, and Christmas decor in September and they all seem to forget about Thanksgiving. I love it though.

Fall is the start of football season, which I happen to enjoy. I am and have always been a big Chicago Bears fan. Even though it's rare for them to have a winning season, I stick with them because isn't that what true fans do? So far this year, they are off to a pretty good start :)

Another team we are starting to get into are the Houston Texans. We would love to go to one of their home games sometime.

Warm apple cider is soooo good!! Yum!

Pumpkin pie is one of my favorites desserts at Thanksgiving, but you have to put whipped cream on it!

I love decorating with lots of pumpkins! Sometimes we carve them out into jack-o-laterns and other times we paint faces on them. I need to find a pumpkin patch around here, if thats possible, so we can take the kids to pick out some pumpkins.

Fall weather is probably one of the best things about fall. Along with that are the changing leaves, which are so pretty! I'm not sure how much of that we will see down here but we will find out soon.


What are some of your favorite things about Fall?

3 comments:

Jodi said...

I love fall too!! I love the changing leaves, & hot apple cider (we were just talking about that this morning how we need to get some around here) & weiner roasts & hoodie weather & smores & mums & harvest & sweaters & ...

Larissa said...

i would definantly agree with all of yours, and some...
...wearing hoodies...
...weiner roasts...
...and harvest of course.
We were just talking this morning about hot apple cidar, and then you had it on your blog!!!! mmmmm!

Larissa said...

raking leaves...